The importance of Zn and Cu in this age of Covid has recently been reviewed.  Supplementation with Cu, Zn and other minerals has been recommended for nutrient deficient elderly patients receiving Covid vaccines. 
- Calder PC. (2020) Nutrition, immunity and COVID-19. BMJ Nutr Prev Health. 2020 May 20;3(1):74-92. doi: 10.1136/bmjnph-2020-000085. PMC free article
- Rayman, M., & Calder, P. (2021). Optimising COVID-19 vaccine efficacy by ensuring nutritional adequacy. British Journal of Nutrition, 1-2. doi:10.1017/S0007114521000386 Free article
What are respected Internet sources saying?
- The Mayo Clinic lists conditions in which one may want to use a copper supplement. We have covered bypass surgery on this site. The Mayo site lists chronic stress and kidney disease as other conditions leading to copper deficiency.
- The Compass by WebMD states most copper supplements are useless because they contain cupric oxide. We could not agree more. We have discussed the mechanism of absorption of our Cu(I)NA2 CopperOne via the Ctr1 transporter. Note that this is different from the absorption of zinc for those that are concerned that copper interfers with the absorption of zinc. Not CopperOne!
- Back when the pandemic was just hitting the human population, Agriland was telling ranchers to supplement their cattle with copper, zinc, and selenium to get better vaccine response. We have known this for at least a decade that CopperOne increases farm fish response to vaccines.
- This BMJ recommendation  that the Internet is abuzz with mentions the benefits of B6, B9 (folate), B12 in improving the efficacy of Covid vaccines. We humbly suggest that they add B9 (niacin) to their list. Niacin benefits infections and should should improve our response to vaccines. CopperOne has both.
- Seniors may be concerned about copper supplentatation prior to the vaccine because of the link of copper and Alzheimer’s Disease. This is Cu2+ in the plus 2 oxidation state. Cu(I)NA2 is in the plus 1 oxidation state, hence the name CopperOne. This copper is the Cu safe for seniors. Our colleague Dr George Brewer MD has written us a letter of support for the need for CopperOne.
Thanks for reading! Good nutrition before your first dose and the interim between doses.